We're thrilled: Sauce Labs was just recognized as "developers' choice for cross browser and mobile test in the cloud" by Forrester Research in their most recent The Forrester Wave™ report for Omnichannel Functional Test Automation Tools, Q3 2018.
The report cites Sauce Labs as a "strong performer," listing the following observations:
- Sauce Labs enjoys broad developer adoption because developers work directly in the IDE and their programming language of choice.
- It suits teams using Selenium and/or Appium because the creators and founders of such keep in contact with the company's engineering team.
- It has excellent CI/CD integration.
- Fast upgrades for the latest browsers and OSes.
- On average, reference customers report reaching functional test automation of more than 80% in the past 12 months, showing that automation gets higher when implemented by developers and treated as code.
According to Lubos Parobek, our vice president of product, this is all by design. "Sauce Labs enjoys broad developer adoption because developers can work directly in the tools and languages they prefer. We maintain close relationships with Selenium and Appium project teams, and we are committed to supporting new technology quickly to make testing easier and more effective. All of this means customers are able to increase automation, which in turn improves quality and speeds time to market."
But don't just take our word for it: read the report.