SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 29, 2015) - Sauce Labs, Inc., the leading cloud-based web and application testing platform, today announced that its customers have executed more than 250 million tests on its secure and reliable automated testing infrastructure. The milestone marks an impressive 150 percent increase in test runs since Sauce reached its 100 million tests milestone in February 2014, demonstrating further evidence of growing demand for the company's services.
As evidenced by Sauce Labs' growth, the software testing market is rapidly shifting to cloud-based, SaaS solutions for automated testing as more and more companies adopt Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) methodologies. Virtually every enterprise is now in the software business and the ability to offer better quality apps, more quickly, is critical to maintaining a competitive advantage.
Sauce recent milestones and accomplishments include:
- Secured $15M in Series D funding to help develop and grow its cloud platform, expand infrastructure, development team and international operations
- Announced a new C-level team with Charles Ramsey as CEO
- Grew employee headcount by 42 percent and opened a second office in Vancouver, Canada
- Increased revenue by 145 percent and customer growth by 40 percent
- Named a leader in app testing and automation by DevNetwork, won an InfoWorld Bossie Award for its Appium solution and was named to San Francisco Business Times' 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies
- Announced key integrations with TeamCity, Cloud9, CircleCI and Bryntum Siesta
"Reaching the 250 million test milestone is a huge win for us. It truly underscores the need for secure testing in the cloud -- something Sauce does better than anyone else," said Charles Ramsey, CEO of Sauce Labs. "The future of testing is through modern techniques, such as continuous integration and continuous delivery, and these methods require frequent, rapid and reliable testing. Sauce is known in testing circles for delivering in these areas, and 250 million tests is testament to our success."
Sauce Labs provides a high-performance Platform-as-a-Service for automated testing that is optimized for CI and CD workflows. When tests are automated and run in parallel on virtual machines, testing time is significantly reduced and developers and DevOps teams no longer need to devote time to managing testing infrastructure. When paired with a CI system, multiple development teams can instantly provision additional testing resources, on demand, to test web, hybrid and native applications, continuously and affordably. Sauce Labs currently supports more than 500 browser, operating system and device platform combinations.
To view an infographic on the evolution of Sauce Labs and the testing ecosystem, visit: http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/04/infographic-announcing-250-million-tests-run-on-sauce-labsHelpful Links
Sauce Labs website
Sauce Labs blog
About Sauce Labs
Sauce Labs is a privately held company funded by Toba Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Triage Ventures and the Contrarian Group. For more information, please visit http://saucelabs.com.