Continuous testing leader registers fourth consecutive year of double-digit revenue growth, surpasses 2 billion test milestone
SAN FRANCISCO – January 15, 2019 – Sauce Labs, Inc., provider of the world’s largest continuous testing cloud for web and mobile applications, today announced results from the most successful year in the company’s decade-long history. Fueled by its continuing efforts to make testing fast, reliable and secure throughout the software development process, Sauce Labs achieved record total annual recurring revenue (ARR) in 2018, bolstered by a nearly 40 percent year-over-year increase, its fourth consecutive year of double-digit ARR growth. The company’s strong growth in 2018 was highlighted by an 80 percent increase in ARR from new
Further extending its leadership in the continuous testing market, Sauce Labs also surpassed the 2 billion test milestone in 2018. With customers now running more than 2 million tests each day on its continuous testing cloud, Sauce Labs recorded its 2 billionth test just 18 months after initially reaching the 1 billion test mark, a testament to the company’s rapid growth and increasing customer adoption.
“Development teams continue to trust Sauce Labs for the solutions they need to deliver apps faster without compromising quality,” said Charles Ramsey, CEO of Sauce Labs. “That trust is once again reflected in all that Sauce Labs achieved in 2018, and as the world’s top digital brands increasingly leverage automated testing to deliver flawless experiences to their customers, we’re poised for even greater growth and success in 2019.”
Among the company’s most notable achievements in 2018:
- Customer-focused Product Innovation. Responding to customer demand for solutions that enable them to develop high-quality applications faster and more efficiently, Sauce Labs delivered numerous key product enhancements in 2018, including new analytics and extended debugging features, as well as advanced support for iOS and Android Native Test Automation Frameworks to enhance continuous testing for mobile application development. The company also unveiled Sauce Headless, a first-of-its-kind solution that provides cloud-based headless browser testing on containers. The new offering is expected to be generally available in April, with the Sauce Headless public beta now open.
- SauceCon Brings Together Global Testing Community. The company’s annual user conference, SauceCon continues to grow and mature into a signature industry event for the global testing community. Following a sold-out event in San Francisco in 2018, the third-annual SauceCon shifts to Austin in 2019, where more than 500 attendees are expected. Headlined by a diverse speaker lineup that includes testing experts from across the world, SauceCon 2019 will also feature the debut of the “
Saucys, ”anew annual awards program celebrating testing and digital excellence amongst the Sauce Labs user community. Registration for the event and the call for nominations for the Saucysboth remain open.
- Technology Alliance Program Launch. To further help digitally driven organizations streamline their development processes and integrate continuous testing into their delivery pipelines, Sauce Labs in 2018 debuted its new Technology Alliance Program (TAP). The program initially focuses on five key areas of the software delivery pipeline, including orchestration, test creation, test management, CI/CD tools, and visual testing, and enables Sauce Labs to provide even greater value to customers by teaming up with innovative partners throughout the software development ecosystem.
- Continued Growth of Open Sauce Program. Reflecting the growing importance of open source projects to the overall software development landscape, the Sauce Labs Open Sauce program continued to expand in 2018. More than 7,500 participants now take advantage of this valuable community program, which enables developers partaking in qualified open source projects to leverage the Sauce Labs continuous testing platform for free.
- Broad Industry Recognition. Sauce Labs was again on the receiving end of numerous industry awards and accolades in 2018, a collective reflection of its rapid growth rate, market-leading product portfolio, and status as a premier workplace. The company was:
- Named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list for the fourth consecutive year
- Named one of the San Francisco Business Times’ Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies for the fifth year running
- Named to the prestigious Inc. 5000 list for the third consecutive year
- Recognized as “developers’ choice for
cross-browserand mobile test in the cloud” in a recent report from Forrester Research
- Recognized as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape for Worldwide Mobile Testing and Digital Quality
- Named Test Automation Tool Vendor of the Year by QA Financial
- Named a Bay Area News Group Top Workplace for the second consecutive year
About Sauce Labs
Sauce Labs ensures the world’s leading apps and websites work flawlessly on every browser, OS and device. Its award-winning Continuous Testing Cloud provides development and quality teams with instant access to the test coverage, scalability, and analytics they need to deliver a flawless digital experience. Sauce Labs is a privately held company funded by Toba Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Centerview Capital Technology, IVP and Adams Street Partners. For more information, please visit https://saucelabs.com.