Happy Friday! Here’s a quick round-up of some pieces on automated testing, why functional and performance testing should be done simultaneously, the case for Continuous Testing in the Cloud, how to take your career to the next level, QTP/UFT VS Selenium, and what the top 10 tools were this week on Stackshare. See below for snippets and links to the full articles.
Continuous Testing in the Agile Age - Meetup in San Francisco by BlazeMeter In this interactive session, BlazeMeter’s CEO & Founder, Alon Girmonsky, will demonstrate how to implement automated continuous testing as part of a continuous integration process, using tools and services such as Jenkins, Github, Selenium/Webdriver, JMeter, New Relic, Sauce Labs and more. Click HERE to read more and to register for the event on February 4th. Why Functional and Performance Testing Should be Done Simultaneously via Software Testing Help Performing non-functional testing during functional test execution is more advantageous and will add more benefits to the overall software quality. This will identify performance bugs (restricted to the testing environment and dependency) and hence will be reducing situations of functional issue assumptions. Click HERE to read more. Agile Testing: The Dangers of Putting off Automation by Joe Colantonio One of the things that people struggle with (and one of the reasons whyMore Agile Testing was written) is how to include all these types of testing into their definitions of done and still have time to complete everything. Janet recommends that we start thinking of things in layers:
What can we test at the “story” level to get that story to done? If we start thinking at a higher level we have the idea of a feature, which has many stories. The “feature” level is what a business user really cares about. At the top is the “system” level. So, some of the tests in the quadrants belong to the story level while other tests belong at the feature level — not at every story level. Click HERE to listen and read more. Do You Want to Take Your Career (and Life) to the Next Level? By Joe Colantonio featuring John Sonmez
- Story Level
- Feature Level
- System Level
Click HERE to listen and read more. QTP/UFT VS Selenium - Webinar by Sauce Labs featuring Tarun Lalwani Join us for our next webinar, QTP/UFT VS Selenium, featuring Tarun Lalwani, QTP Expert and author of QuickTest Professional Unplugged. Hear about how we generated an 80% execution time savings by migrating client’s test suite from QTP to Selenium. Click HERE to read more and to register for the webinar on January 28. And lastly, see what's trending on StackShare. Top 10 Tools Trending Right Now via StackShare
- If you want to be a better software developer—a better anything, really—you need to focus on the entire person, not just one or two areas of your life.
- Think about your software development career as a business, and start to think of an employer as a customer for your business of developing software.
- Learn how to hack the interview process
- There are many different mediums you can use to get your message out there, but one of the most prominent ones I recommend for software developers is a blog.
- Writing is an extremely valuable skill because it helps you to organize your thoughts.
- Pick some kind of niche and build your brand around it—the more specific the better.
- The key to being productive is being consistent – over time, small bricks put perfectly into place each day eventually build up a wall.
- Being well rounded is not a good way to market yourself – no one wants a generic product.
Top 10 Tools Trending Now: @jenkinsci@mixpanel@gitcolony@pusher@saucelabs@Azurehttp://t.co/478mEkv5v0pic.twitter.com/yCdqtODaMa — StackShare (@stackshareio) January 22, 2015